12 June 2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
10% discount if booked before 31st January – Enter JAN10 when booking
This practical wiring training course is aimed at aircraft engineers who work within a ‘Line’ or ‘Base Maintenance’ environment and have responsibility to carry out basic wiring repairs in order to maintain aircraft serviceability and improve their field trouble shooting capabilities.
The course covers the use of basic hand tools and inspection techniques to determine serviceability of wiring repairs and meets the requirements for the practical element of EWIS Target Group 1 iaw in accordance with AMC 20-22.
Upon completion of the training, they should be able to correctly evaluate wiring systems / components and effectively use the manufacturers approved maintenance manual for inspection, repairs, modification and troubleshooting.
Practically demonstrate the use of the following wiring competency skills:
- Recognise the applicable tool(s) in order to carry out the appropriate repair.
- Understanding and demonstrate competency in tool pre-use inspection
- Demonstrate how to check for tool serviceability and calibration status.
- Be able to successfully carry out a wiring repair (including in-line splice, termination tag or lug, contact).
- Use and demonstrate the use of other supporting tooling in a safe manner such as heat guns, wire stripping and cable tie guns
- Demonstrate the effective measuring techniques for short circuit, open circuit, screen shorts and continuity checks
- Demonstrate trouble-shooting techniques in order to effectively identify the defect by use of wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Successfully manufacture test leads and bulb tester for personal use to aid in future trouble shooting.
1 Day training (9am – 5pm) including lunch
Who Should Attend?
Training is targeted at personnel who perform aircraft maintenance, inspections, alterations or repairs on wiring systems on or off the aircraft. Typical examples are newly qualified or experienced A, B1, B2 or C licenced engineers who require an understanding of wiring skills and techniques that should be used within the scope of their approval / authorisation. Can also be used for ‘refresher’ purposes to keep current in hand skills techniques.
Why Choose Blue Altitude?
At Blue Altitude, we know that knowledge and training are vital for a successful business. We combine real-life examples and technical knowledge in a high impact-learning environment to ensure staff are engaged and stimulated to learn new ideas and approaches as well as refresh core skills.
If you would like to know more about the course and its contents then please contact us by either email: email@example.com or call +44 (0) 1256 517352